Friday, April 24, 2015

CutterPillar Pro V3 - Yes or No?

In February 2013 I ordered the CutterPillar Pro V3.  I was advised the company had stopped production and was upgrading-redesigning the product to make it even better so it make take a few weeks.  I wanted this cutter bad!  Like most of you probably, I have a craft room filled with cutters that just didn't work!  This one seemed different!  I watched their videos, read customer reviews etc. and I was going to hang on until I got one so I ended up getting it 9 Month Later!  October 28 or 29th 2013!

I was over the moon!  Never met a cutter like this before!  Accurate, easy to use, safe and dependable!  I told every person I could that this was the be all to end all of tools that everyone needed!  I teach scrapbooking, card making and many of those ladies now own CutterPillars because I told them to buy without worry as it was worth $100+ dollars if you never had to buy another one right?!?!

I made good use of it until March 2014 when I had a routine surgery that turned into a nightmare.  I was in an out of hospital, many, many surgeries and to this very day I'm waiting to have more hospital time & surgery time in the next few months to finally be healed.  That prevented me from using my CutterPillar for many months.

I began to notice a few spots where the ruler rid was wearing off!  I kept a watch on it but I was getting really nervous towards the end of October 2014 as it was really starting to deteriorate.  October 18th, 2014 I wrote the company about my awesome cutter having a problem and because this was a well made, expensive product I knew that this was probably an anomaly or perhaps one of the first ones off the line once it was upgraded so I decided to let the company know what I was experiencing and I was sure they would make things right.

Watch this video and see how it all ended up....







CutterPillar Timeline:

February 2013 - Ordered CutterPillar V3 from Oh My Crafts
October 28 or 29th 2013 - Received CutterPillar
March 2014 - Many surgeries, many weeks in the hospital and currently awaiting more surgery May 2015
October 18, 2014 - Wrote CutterPillar about the measurement grid starting to wear away after minimal use
October 22, 2014 - Told Arianne had no option but to offer to sell me a new one
October 22, 2014 - Replied to Arianne asking if a supervisor or manger might have more options available to them to         them to replace these FEW defective CutterPillars.
October 29, 2014 - Rude response and told to get a sharpie and a ruler out and draw the lines on
   
Have a SCRAPtastic day!

Blessings,
Melitta