Monday, May 20, 2013

Just Horsin Around in Aruba

Hi Everyone!



Another layout with products from Close To My Heart and this time it's the Workshop-on-the-go Footloose but sadly it is now unavailable.  I loved the color scheme and it suited the colors in Aruba too.  A few of the embellishments are also from a Carnival Scrapbook At Sea kit.

I really love the distressing on these last few projects, which rather than inking everything to give it a 'grunge' look, I actually sanded the paper which reveals this wonderful white edging that to me, look like sand!  Of course this only works with white core papers, of which the paper offered at Close To My Heart is and you can also find other brands like Black Magic from Core'dinations, where the cores at the center are many different colors, not just white.

I also colored these thin wooden shapes with first a coat of CTMH Create-a-shade pearl paint then just sponging dye ink on to give it beautiful, sea-like coloring.

The turtle and the sea horse are done with the rock & roll technique.  Working from your lightest to darkest inks, I covered the entire stamp with Creme Brulee, then literally rolled the stamp up on it's edges with Sorbet, then using a sponge I added a round of New England Ivy.  I only had to sponge because I was using three colors, if you are only using two just cover then roll the edges in your darker ink.  Be careful not to put a stamp or sponge with dark ink to a lighter ink pad as it may be ruined if contaminated.

Thanks for stopping by today!


Have a SCRAPtastic day!

Blessings,
Melitta

Canadian Paper Shaper Blog