Thursday, January 24, 2013

Let' Build A Snowman Challenge!

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for dropping by my blog today!  Today's post is a design challenge for Just-A-Scrappin.blogspot.com
I hope you will try your hand at building a snowman card/layout/or project and participate in this challenge!

OK, here is how I made by 'Cool Dude' snowman!  First I put drops of alcohol inks in Aqua & stream onto my mat and a small amount of Silver Mixatives onto my none stick craft mat, being careful not to let them touch, especial they silver as it will erase, so to speak, any color from your inks and make everything a puddle of silver!  Then I took some glossy photo paper and laid it down (glossy side down)  into the drops, picked it up, turned it clockwise then laid it down again, over and over until I had the front of the glossy paper is completely covered then set it aside to dry.  NOTE: have a few pieces of glossy photo paper as just these few drops will make at least 4 - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card fronts.

Once my alcohol inked card front was dry I stamped the light string pattern down each side using black StazOn ink.

To build the snowman, I took clear buttons and painted them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze in Blue Oasis and dried them with my Ranger Heat It tool.  I added black gems for buttons and for 'shades' on his face.  I attached the buttons in a snowman pattern to my card front with Ranger Glossy Accents.  NOTE: Ranger Glossy Accents is the best adhesive for this job as it holds slick surfaces will and therefore attaches slick surfaces to other slick surfaces very well!

From the Silhouette I cut the Merry Christmas sentiment which I popped up on the card front and added an iridescent bow to complete the front.  I added the card front to a red card base and whala!  Finish Christmas card ready for sending out in about 10 months from now LOL!

Super simple but quick and pretty I think.  Make sure you check out all of the other design teams projects over at the Just-A-Scrappin Blog!



Have a SCRAPtastic day!

Blessings,
Melitta

Canadian Paper Shaper Blog