Monday, July 2, 2012

Part 2 - Using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge with matching stamp sets

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

We are going to continue on with the routine I use when adding a Close To My Heart stamp set to my inventory, that work with the Close To My Heart Cricur Cartridge - Art Philosophy.

Step 1 - (Previous Post) Mark on each page of the handbook, the row and button number that corresponds to the cartridge overlay so when you are looking through the handbook for a project to make you will know quickly which button to push in order to produce the cut you want.

Step 2 - Next to each stamp image, that has a corresponding cut on the Cricut cartridge, mark the page numbers of the cuts in the handbook so when you pull out the stamps you will quickly know which page to turn to in the handbook to complete a project with speed, rather than wasting those precious minutes hunting them down each time you use them.

Next to each stamp I have used a Sharpie Fine Tip Pen, as it is permanent and dries quickly, to mark which page I can find the cut to match this stamp in the handbook.

If the stamp has no size marking next to it, it doesn't have an exact match on the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge.  Does this mean that you can't find a shape that will work for you??  Absolutely not!  If you look closely at my stamp carrying sheet, I have written next to EVERY stamp the page I will find a workable image in my handbook, as well as the size I want to cut that image so it will work perfectly for me!  This requires some trial and error but I have done the work for you, on this stamp set, so here is the entire stamp set with everything you need to make a perfect greeting for any card!
There are definitely more shapes that will work for many stamps but I have shown the ones I like the best and I hope you will find this information useful when you make your next card with the Art Philosophy Cartridge and the Stamp Of The Month for February 2012 - Thoughtful Tidings.

The images where stamped with the following Close To My Heart Inks:  Sweet Leaf, Garnet, Pansy Purple, Pacifica and Olive.

In the next posting, I will teach you the technique I used to stamp the "You're FULL of Class" stamp picutred above, with a different colored arrow to hang off the postage stamp shape.
Have a SCRAPtastic day!

Blessings,
Melitta

Canadian Paper Shaper Blog