Thursday, July 5, 2012

Just A Scrappin' Challenge #11

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!
I had so much fun with my second assignment as a Design Team Member for Just A Scrappin'!  Given the time of year our challenge was to make something centered around July 4th and using Red, White, Blue and two other colors, so here is my completed project!
I used red, white, blue, yellow and a creamy neutal color!  I did also use a small piece of black just to shadow the '4th of July' but since black is negative space I don't count it as a color LOL...that's my story and I'm sticking too it :)

Gather your supplies:
o   Cardstock Base – (2) 12 x 12
o   Navy Blue CS – 12 x 12  (Cut into (2) 6x12 if using small cricut)
o   Red CS – 12 x 12 + 6 x 12
o   Blue CS – 12 x 12
o   Black CS – 6 x 4
o   Matte Silver CS – 3 x 6
o   Matte Gold CS – 3 x 6
o   Yellow CS – 5 x 12
o   White CS -  6 x 12
o   All Cardstock by Club Scrap with the exception of the matte metallics of unknown origin
o   CTMH Z1484 Glitz RedGlitter Gel
o   Stickles Midnight Blue & Golden Rod
o   Distress Inks Barn Door, Chipped Sapphire & Mustard Seed
o   CTMH C1487 Stamp Set from Work Shop On The Go G1037 Superhero
o   Perfect MediumClear
o   Perfect Pearls – Forever Blue, Perfect Sparkle + thin brush to apply & fat brush to sweep off
o   Gin-XExpress-ons Navy Rub-ons Kellerman Type
o   Stampin’ Up Foam Dimensionals
o   Cricut Cartridge – Stand and Salute

The entire layout was produced from cuts on the Cricut Cartridge Stand and Salute.  I cut the jet from matte silver paper and shadowed it with matte gold paper.  The fireworks were enhanced with glitter glue.  I used Perfect Pearls on the two white photo frames and the large white star on the flag map.  If you would like the tutorial in which I provide exact cutting instructions please feel free to download here:  Microsoft Word Document or PDF Document, however the tutorial is for personal use only.  If you would like to share the tutorial with your friends, please direct them to this post so they too can download it directly from me.

If you would like to have my blog posts delivered to your email box please enter your email address in the box in the top-right column and hit submit!  If you like my blog, I would love it if you would join my blog and be a follower, which you can do at the right as well!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask either by email here or by posting your comments below!  I love your comments!!

Have a SCRAPtastic day!
Blessings,
Melitta

Canadian Paper Shaper Blog