Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Springtime Themed Challenge

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I want to share a fun challenge I did.  I started a Cricut Club in my home town 2 years ago and we get together to make cards and layouts using only scraps!  I love to show people how to get even more out of that paper by using up every last scrap!

Other than the 1 sheet of 12x12 for the background, this entire layout was done out of my scraps bin.  Yesterday I posted how I hardly ever do one picture layouts but I'm eating my words today as this photo was taken in 1985, back when photography involved film and pricey processing so pictures were taken sparingly.  This is my little nephew playing with his new spring toys we had given him for Easter.

I used the Cricut Cartridge B is for Boy for the toys and the 'here comes trouble', Don Juan and George & basic shapes for the title letters and finally CTMH Art Philosophy for the banners  I also used Cuttlebug folders to emboss the feet, the title letters and the 'here comes trouble'.

I took pictures to show my scraps box, all the scraps I intended on using (had to add one more piece of yellow scrap so you will see 2 grew into 3 yellow in the final picture of the scraps used and I didn't need both black cardstock so one was left untouched), then how they looked after the cuts and the finished page.






Thanks for looking!
Have a SCRAPtastic day!

Blessings,
Melitta

Canadian Paper Shaper Blog

Canadian Paper Shaper Blog