Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hi Again!

Here I am again to eat more crow about saying I don't do many 1 picture/1 page layouts!  These challenges have really inspired me to dig out the old pictures, many of which there are only 1 or 2 pictures of an event in our lives and so I have begun these 1 picture/page layouts and I love them!

This layout was for a 'recipe challenge' and the recipe was;

Use at least 3 Cricut Images - I cut the large scalloped square, the extra large tab and the doily from the Close To My Heart - Artphilosophy cartridge

Use at least 3 patterned papers - The large dot, brown flower, pink flourish and the striped papers were all from an older My Minds Eye collection called Bohemia

Use a butterfly, bird or bug on the layout - I used the ladybug from an older cartridge called Doodlecharms

Machine, pen or hand stitching - I used my white signo pen to draw stitching around the large scalloped square and also around the hearts on the doily

Use the color yellow - Well I love the color yellow on this layout from which I cut a small scallloped square to hold my journaling about my sweet baby daughter, Courtenay, who sadly only got to have her grandpa (my Dad) in her life for 1 year.  He sure did love his 'Little Chick-a-dee' even if it was for just a short time.

My mom, Beverley, hand crocheted the flowers to put on this layout about her husband and granddaughter.

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking it out!
Have a SCRAPtastic day!

Blessings,
Melitta

Canadian Paper Shaper Blog

Canadian Paper Shaper Blog