Friday, May 11, 2012

Cricut Craft Room Card


Hi Everyone!

What do you give a book lover for Mother's Day?  A bookmark of course!  I don't think it get's any cuter than this, if I do say so myself :)

Using the Cricut Craft Room and the Cricut Craft Room Exclusives - Page Pals, I made this cute little Angry Bird (labeled an owl in the digital file) which is a book corner marker.  Then using Cricut Craft Room Basics I cut the following;

I cut a scalloped rectangle with a scalloped circle cut out and ran that through my Vagabond with the Tim Holtz/Sizzix wood grain embossing folder.  Next I brushed over the wood grain with Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy to bring out embossing. 

I cut out a circle in black, slightly larger than the scalloped circle cutout to place behind the wood grain on the card front.

I placed a punctuation bracket onto my CCR mat and stretched the length to make the tree branch.

I cut 6 of the 'cloud' (use shift then locate button at Row 5 Button 5) to be used as tree foliage.

To put the card together, glue black circle onto card front.  Use foam dimensionals to pop the wood grain tree over the black circle on the card front.  Build the Angry Bird and place him in the hole sliding the back of the bookmark inside until it comes to rest.  Use foam dimensionals to add the tree branch and leaves.  Stamp sentiment below the tree.


I would be happy to share my files so you could make your own card please become a follower of my blog  :)  If you would like the CCR and/or the Gypsy files I created just click the appropriate files below.  There are two files you will need - Angry Bird Bookmark & Angry Bird Card.

Cricut Craft Room ONLY Files:
CCR Angry Bird Card
CCR Angry Bird Bookmark

Gypsy ONLY Files:
GYPSY Angry Bird Card
GYPSY Angry Bird Bookmark

Have a SCRAPtastic day!

Blessings,
Melitta

Canadian Paper Shaper Blog

Canadian Paper Shaper Blog