Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2012! I'm praying that we will have a much less eventful year than 2011 as sometimes we were in such a tailspin I thought we wouldn't come out the other side, however the good Lord was walking beside us and often carrying us and here we are in 2012. Mom courageously fought Breast Cancer and is now cancer free! She was a real trooper and truly showed me that she is a stronger woman then I ever knew. Well onward to 2012!

Today's tip of the day -
My favorite way to store my ribbon is on spools strung on rods. When I need a piece of my favorite ribbon I simply walk over, spin down my desired length, snip if my ribbon...and then the spool just keeps on giving!!! Solution? Straight pins! Choose the fine,which are for silk/satin and will not leave a mark in the ribbon but will easily slip into the ribbon spool to stop the chaos of unruly ribbon spools!

click here to view a few of my ribbon rolls!

Some exciting news...the ornament that I made and posted December 15th won the contest I entered and now I have a $25 gift certificate to spend at Cricut.com!

Quote for the day -
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out" - Walter Winchell

I'm very blessed to have these kind of friends in my life! Have a SCRAPtastic Day!

Blessings,

Melitta
canadianpapershaper
Cranbrook BC
Canada